torsdag 30 maj 2013

Old and new

Recently, I got interested in trying to take pictures in a more traditional way; the many advantages of the digital photography age can leave you with quite a big room for mistakes. There's correction for everything these days, be it colours, blur or underexposure.

I wanted to try something simpler, and decided to give my Ricoh KR-10 another try. It's an analogue mirror lens camera with surprisingly many controls. Because of the obvious simpleness of using a digital camera, it was quite a stretch to do this experiment. I work at a photography shop which provided me with a free roll of unsold film. They even gave me a Kiron macro objective for free, which was fun to try out.

Here's a selection of shots using my Ricoh KR-10:






Today, I got a job to take a panorama picture of the Porvoo Old Town for a customer, who wanted to have it printed out on a canvas. It was quite challenging, since so many trees were blocking my efforts! However, after switching angles several times I got something usable (may however have to do a re-take tomorrow).


 I also played around with the camera some more (a Sony DSC-HX200V):


Met this british painter during my panorama escapade. The cider-enjoying artist said he had been working since 5 in the morning in order to have enough paintings for his upcoming exhibition. 
Clarissa.

Photo gear (all cameras are mine except for the Sony one).


Inga kommentarer: