fredag 3 maj 2013

Friday beer tasting

The last few weeks have been very hectic for me; battling a nasty fever, moving and a pile of school work have prevented me from blogging. This week, I have been working at a photography company in Porvoo as a part of my school's mandatory work practice. It's been an intensive but stimulating experience; learning new things and seeing happy customers can be very satisfying.

Today, to celebrate the start of the weekend, I decided to buy myself a new kind of beer. After discovering this particular brand at another blog, I decided to purchase a can for myself too.


This brand, called "Grillimaisteri" (finnish for barbeque master) is made by German company Lidl. Owning this brand, they have made several Grillimaisteri products for this summer.

The first thing that struck me was the strong taste of hops. This fact is also being advertised on the can itself ("Voimakkaasti humaloitu" means "Strong taste of hops" roughly). I really enjoyed the slightly bitter aroma, that was a nice change from the usual weak taste of the cheaper brands. It was a surprisingly complex beer too, with a pleasant carbonation topping everything off.

I would recommend this beer for anyone wanting to try something different from the regular "bulk" lagers that are sold at every supermarket. It's a very refreshing summer beer too, when enjoyed cold. The packaging can be slightly confusing though, with the "Grillimaisteri" logo and color profile being mostly associated with sausages and barbeque products.

Until next time.


Inga kommentarer: