tisdag 8 oktober 2013

A month without meat (?)




A week ago, I decided to stay for a whole month without eating any meat at all. The first week hasn't really been any different from any other week really, since I have tried to be without meat earlier too.

The only thing I have noticed is how much more you have to think about what to purchase in the supermarket. I have also cooked my own food almost every day, since it's easier to compose vegetarian meals than to look for pre-made ones. Pasta with kidney beans, green beans, cashew nuts and onions is a nice completely vegetatian meal that's also quite inexpensive since the ingredients can be purchased as frozen or in tin cans. Fry everything until nice, and put a bit of chili sauce on it if you want to. It's also good with fresh cut rucola salad.

Many people have different attitudes towards meat, myself included. Before this experiment, I ate meat almost every day (which isn't good for you), and I don't know yet if this month will affect my eating habits later on in the future.



Inga kommentarer: