måndag 8 april 2013

An evening walk with the camera


Today after school, me and my girlfriend went outside to take a few pictures of Ekenäs, in the setting sun.
I have been photographing as a hobby for a few years now, usually with my Canon SX1 IS camera. It's not an DSLR camera or anything, but usually gets the job done.


We walked around the coastline and took pictures of the landscape, trees, ice and birds. It was very relaxing after the hours I spent in front of the computer monitor at school.
Safety first, ladies and gents !

Church in Ekenäs old town.
Flying higher..
.. and lower.
A new friendship.
Angry Bird.


When photographing most things, I usually use the manual settings with RAW files, so that I can later "develop" my pictures using Adobe Lightroom. When shooting in RAW you get the biggest possible amount of information from the camera (lightning, colour reproduction) and no in-camera sharpening is used either. That can make a tremendous difference when adjusting your pictures. The only downside in RAW is the bigger file sizes and incompability with certain image editors. When saving my pictures (for example for this blog), I resize them and compress them as JPEGS though.




Inga kommentarer: